Government's Attack on Nature

Here's the place to post news and events that you think will be of interest to other members.
Donna Cox

Government's Attack on Nature

Post by Donna Cox »

79 organisations have joined together to write an open letter to the Prime Minister urging her to change the Government's trajectory on environmental deregulation.

See the letter here:
https://www.wcl.org.uk/open-letter-to-p ... 4346e3cf80

If you too feel strongly about this subject you can write to your MP - who is there to represent the views and concerns of their constituents in the House of Commons. Find your MP and how to contact them here:
https://members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP
Robin

Re: Government's Attack on Nature

Post by Robin »

I have just written to my MP, Anne-Marie Morris, protesting about the Government's plans.

If you do write, please be aware that MPs tend to place less weight on letters from constituents that cut and paste material from elsewhere, and more on personal statements linked to voting intentions. A clear and crisp statement of your own feelings is better than long passages of well-reasoned argument.

Also, remember to add your name, address and telephone number at the end, so the MP's office can verify that you are a constituent.
Donna Cox

Post by Donna Cox »

Great top tips! Thanks Robin.
Jane W

Post by Jane W »

Just heard on the radio that there are 8 million members between all these organisations.
That's 8 million people of voting age, presumably. Add in all their family and friends, and it's a truly enormous number.

A quick letter to all those MPs would change things pretty quickly.

Most MPs want to know how their constituents feel. Give them the voice to speak for you.

As Robin says, no need for a thesis, just a line or two to say how you feel, and maybe that you'll change your voting habits.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

I wrote to my MP as soon as I saw the letter.
And I suggested a few friends did similar.
David Crook

Post by David Crook »

I have just written to our MP (Mel Stride) telling him how horrified I am and that should the government continue with this environmental deregulation I will be moving my vote elsewhere. Will be interesting to see if he replies. SAs Robin mentioned, I didn't cut and paste a standard letter but instead told him in no uncertain terms what I thought about the government's proposals