Autumn Scythe Course

AnnemarieMorris

Autumn Scythe Course

Post by AnnemarieMorris »

Has everyone been fortunate enough to use a scythe either in their meadow or on their lawn? Scything can be done year round, is kinder to wildlife and a highly effective and enjoyable way of cutting grass, brambles, bracken etc.
The West Devon group would like to run a course for interested members (max 6) in September/October. It will run for one day, scythes will be provided along with excellent tuition, (lunch😀) and plenty of opportunities for grass cutting. You will learn a lot in one day, will be able to go away and practice over winter and if required, we will run a refresher in the spring. If you are a complete beginner or keen to improve your technique and would like more information, please email me direct. Annemarie
AnnemarieMorris

Re: Autumn Scythe Course

Post by AnnemarieMorris »

Many thanks to all of those who have expressed an interest in an Autumn Scything Course. Please find details below:

When: Wednesday 28th September 2022
10am - 4pm

Where: Nightingale Cottage, Germansweek EX21 5BP. If you’ve never been to Germansweek, it is definitely worth a visit!

Tutor: Kevin Austin (www.skygrove.co.uk). Kevin is a very experienced scythe instructor with many years of scything under his belt.

Course outline: history and introduction to scything: benefits: what to scythe: equipment: technique: field practice: problems and how to deal with them: care of your scythe: peening.

Price £55 per person. Tea, coffee, cake and a light lunch included

There are only six spaces available as there is a lot to cover and demonstrate with plenty of practice opportunities.If you would like to book on, please email me directly.

If you would like to purchase a scythe having done this course, please let me know and Kevin will bring stock with him.

Annemarie Morris