How to Create a Nature Reserve on an Acre (or less)

Here's the place to post news and events that you think will be of interest to other members.
Donna Cox

How to Create a Nature Reserve on an Acre (or less)

Post by Donna Cox »

Hi everyone, I hope many of you can join us for the Moor Meadows in person winter talk, taking place in two locations - Honiton and Ivybridge. The venues are spacious and there's plenty of parking.

How to Create a Nature Reserve on an Acre (or more or less).
7.30pm-9.30pm

7th November, Stockland Village Hall, Honiton EX14 9EF
Book here: https://Naturereservetalkhoniton.eventbrite.co.uk
And
14th November, The Watermark, Ivybridge PL21 0SZ
Book here: https://NaturereservetalkIvybridge.eventbrite.co.uk

Our guest speaker is Ed Parr Ferris, from Devon Wildlife Trust. Ed is an expert in wildlife conservation and land management and will discuss how a modest plot of land can be turned into a thriving nature reserve. The latest State of Nature Report suggests that one in six species in Great Britain is deemed at risk of extinction; every parcel of land actively managed for wildlife is a real lifeline for many species.

Flower-rich meadows are a priority habitat but there is much else we can add to our patch to make a significant impact for wildlife.

Learn about different habitats and their management and what species you could likely attract.

Find out how your land relates to the wider network of wildlife corridors and important sites for nature in the landscape.

Our talks are free but we’d appreciate a small donation to help cover speaker and venue costs. Refreshments will be available in the break.

Please feel free to share the links with anyone, all are welcome. Whether you have an acre or more, or less, or a garden, or you’re simply just passionate about nature’s recovery, you’ll find the talk of real interest.

Donna
Paul O

Re: How to Create a Nature Reserve on an Acre (or less)

Post by Paul O »

I was disappointed to have missed this one: in recent months I haven't been receiving a weekly email of new posts, and an email from DWT about the talk arrived just before the start time and I didn't read the email until later.

Maybe someone can post a summary of Ed's talk for any of us who would like to have attended.
Donna Cox

Post by Donna Cox »

The talk was recorded at the Stockland event and will be available to view on Moor Meadows Youtube in the next few days. A link will be posted on the Forum when it's ready.
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

I was sorry to have missed this too.

Can you please record all the talks and post them on Youtube, Facebook or Disord for members to log on to and view if we miss the event?