South Petherwin Church Bioblitz!

Here's the place to post news and events that you think will be of interest to other members.
kayleighhunt

South Petherwin Church Bioblitz!

Post by kayleighhunt »

Hi all!

I am on the committee for the South Petherwin Cake & Rakers - a community group who aim to improve biodiversity in St Paternus Churchyard, South Petherwin, Cornwall. I'm a bit of an all-round crazy wild church lady - I did my dissertation on bird diversity in churchyards and hope to expand on this research for my MSc thesis. I so hope there is a bright future for our churchyards as wildlife havens and nature sanctuaries!
Anyway, we've worked really hard to arrange a Bioblitz at the church for the end of the month! The poster is attached here.

Lots of lovely local experts will be on hand with demonstrations, surveys, and knowledge in abundance!
Activities will be going on for nature-loving kids (and big kids!) to get involved in and the main aim is to give the public a chance to look around our churchyard and see what they can find!
Or if people have a dream of encouraging nature and wildlife to flourish in a churchyard near them, it is a great opportunity to come and get some tips.
Plus, there's cake 🍰.

I know this isn't in Devon but I hope you don't mind me sharing as we're only just over the border and I am on the committee for the West Devon More Meadows group!
Hopefully see some of you there :-)
Attachments
BIOBLITZ-POSTER.pdf
(694.32 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Steve Pollard
Site Admin

Re: South Petherwin Church Bioblitz!

Post by Steve Pollard »

This sounds great, Kayleigh! I've just made a Cornwall subgroup page, if you also want to post it there: viewforum.php?f=80
kayleighhunt

Re: South Petherwin Church Bioblitz!

Post by kayleighhunt »

Hi Steve,

That's great, thanks so much I will do! ☺️