Open Meadows invite 2021

Here's the place to post news and events that you think will be of interest to other members.
Steve Pollard
Site Admin

Open Meadows invite 2021

Post by Steve Pollard »

Dear Meadow Makers,

I'd like to invite you to take part in our 7th annual series of Open Meadows!

During the summer months, our members open some of Devon's most beautiful meadows for others to enjoy.

Open Meadows are also an inspiration to would-be meadow makers - it's brilliant to learn first-hand how owners have created and are managing their meadows. If you have a beautiful wildflower meadow, please consider opening. Given how rare they are in the landscape, many people will never have experienced one before.

Your meadow could be on a site of several acres, or simply a table-cloth sized one in the garden. The scale doesn't matter. Neither does your meadow have to be the "finished article" - mine certainly isn't - as they all have their interest. It’s simply a matter of choosing an afternoon, an evening or a period of days, when you think your meadow will be at its flourishing best. There are options such as asking people to pre-book if numbers might be an issue, or you could perhaps decide to open together with a neighbouring meadow owner.

You are welcome to take part wherever you are from. The Open Meadows programme is only advertised through our own channels.

There are, of course, still some unknowns regarding COVID-19 restrictions, but if you would like to open your meadow this year in principle, or if you would like more information, please email me direct at: steve.moormeadows@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

Steve