Welcome to the Bath/Bristol Local Group!

Kelly M O’Brien

Welcome to the Bath/Bristol Local Group!

Post by Kelly M O’Brien »

Hello and Welcome!

Please join us here for local meadow makers in the Bath and Bristol region on all things wildflower and grasslands. I am a smallholder outside of Bath (on the Bristol side) with wildflower meadows on our land. I’ve been on a steep learning curve and am passionate about these gorgeous habitats, which is how I discovered More Meadows.

This forum is a rich and caring group of enthusiasts, experts, amateurs, and professionals. My hope is that we can continue and expand on the great work already happening in Dartmoor and other local groups by building a local network of resources and support for people up this way.

If you’d like to get involved locally, I’m looking for people to form a small steering group to help inform our local group. Please contact me directly here.

And so we’re launched! I look forward to engaging with you here and IRL (in real life :)) out in our beautiful meadows and grasslands.

Very best,
Kelly
Kelly M O’Brien
kelly@kellyobrien.art

Code: Select all

http://kellyobrien.art
@kellyobrienart
SueEverett

Re: Welcome to the Bath/Bristol Local Group!

Post by SueEverett »

Hi, I am based at Frome and have lots of experience in seed harvesting and meadow restoration. There is a great bunch of landowners within the Selwood Forest area to the south of Frome who are doing some great things, extending the area of their meadows and they have just bought a seed harvester.

My website address www.meadowmaker.uk

I am pretty well retired from ecological consultancy now, but do help people out when they ask, usually for free or just for travel costs.

Good luck.

Emorsgate Seeds: one of their growing farms is close by just to the NE of Bath. The owner there has purchased a lot of land on the limestone which is all being reverted to flower rich grassland. Lots of it!
Kelly M O’Brien

Hi Sue - fabulous and thanks for letting us know you’re in the region. And you’re the second person within a week that’s mentioned Emorsgate near Bath. I’d love to go see what they’re up to there. Maybe we could get enough interest here to organize a site visit / tour?
Kelly M O’Brien
kelly@kellyobrien.art

@kellyobrienart
Nick Mann

Post by Nick Mann »

Hi Kelly - keep me in touch too! Happy to help in any way we can.

Nick Mann
Kelly M O’Brien

Wonderful, Nick, and thank you!
Kelly M O’Brien
kelly@kellyobrien.art

@kellyobrienart
SueEverett

Post by SueEverett »

I am sure that a visit would be possible next year. Sue