Mothecombe

jennymsaunders

Mothecombe

Post by jennymsaunders »

Just read an interesting article about Mothecombe House Garden, Mothecombe, Plymouth in 'The English Garden' magazine, apparently Mothecombe is working with More Meadows (hence why I have now joined MM). So I wonder why Mothecombe is not posting on the this site? I am certain they would have tons of tips for other meadow makers. Is Mothecome in the Yealm valley area, that forum was looking to do some linking up I think.
:D
Aryanna Japhayel

Re: Mothecombe

Post by Aryanna Japhayel »

I visited last week and it is an amazing site. They were running courses about bees and wild life but not sure when they will start up again. Well worth a visit.
John@flete

Post by John@flete »

Hi Jenny, we're very much at the learning stage at Mothecombe with regards to hay meadow creation and management. The ethos of the Gardens at Mothecombe was realigned towards pollinator friendly planting in 2013 and an introduction to Moor Meadows in 2019 got us started on this latest phase - converting 3 pony paddock into hay meadows. Unfortunately COVID put a dampener on any training / open days in 2020 but we are now planning the calendar for 2021 starting with a Bumble Bee identification day in July. We'll be updating our website as we go: https://www.flete.co.uk/open-days-training-information/ but if you would like to get in touch then please do email directly: mothecombegardens@flete.co.uk
BW John
jennymsaunders

Post by jennymsaunders »

Thank you John (at Mothecombe), I enjoyed the article about the garden in 'The English Garden' magazine. Mothecombe is now on my list to visit sometime...unfortunately I have missed your NGS open day this year. Are you planning to do another one? My NGS open weekend is coming up fast 5th and 6th June! Lots of weeding still to do.

Jenny
John@flete

Post by John@flete »

We don't have any more NGS days this year but we are open every Tuesday 10am to 4pm until the end of September if you are in the area.

Good luck for the 5th and 6th June!