The New Flora of Devon

Do you have a favourite, or most useful, nature/wildlife book to recommend?
NT_Rob

The New Flora of Devon

Post by NT_Rob »

Hi,

Does anyone know anywhere that may have a printed copy of 'The new flora of Devon'?

I see that I can view it all online but i do like a physical copy of things to thumb through rather than on a screen.

Such a shame that great books go out of print making resources harder and harder to come by!!

Thanks,
Rob
Richard Lewis

Re: The New Flora of Devon

Post by Richard Lewis »

The Devon Flora sold out pretty fast. Would be great to see it reprinted, but that would require spending a big chunk of money up front, which is tricky when it's written by unpaid volunteers and publication was supported by charitiable organisations. A crowdfunding effort might help, but I suspect that the majority of eager customers bought the first edition when it was published.

The new Cornwall Flora is still available, which is definitely worth a look for those of us just over the border in England! https://www.summerfieldbooks.com/produc ... -cornwall/
Brian Nicholas

Re: The New Flora of Devon

Post by Brian Nicholas »

I also attempted to obtain a copy but apparently there was a very limited run and all available copies were accounted for before the publication took place.Devon Libraries do have a copy but I have had no success in sourcing a copy.Such a pity this publication is not widely available for all active meadow creators.