West Devon meadows group

Robert Powell

West Devon meadows group

Post by Robert Powell »

My wife & I live in Dousland, east of Yelverton, within the boundary of the Dartmoor National Park. I've been a member of the Moor Meadows Group since its creation. To the original eighth of an acre we added last year some adjoining land of similar size. About half of this quarter-acre is garden, which includes some small native trees, sections of hedge, log-piles, and some small patches of meadow -- for more information see the entry for Robert Powell & Jane Emberson in 'Me and My Meadow' on the Moor Meadows website.

I've attended many of the excursions and other events run by the Moor Meadows group, and would be interested in getting to know some of the members of the West Devon group and seeing their meadows. My wife & I could make our garden available at particular times to any members who would like to see it.

I am a great believer in rewilding in all its forms -- and would love to see beavers and wild pigs more widely established! I'm also particularly interested in insects (especially butterflies) and aquatic life.
Yvette

Re: West Devon meadows group

Post by Yvette »

We live near Gulworthy. Looking to maintain a species rich hay meadow on our 3 acres. Would be good if we could get a Tamar Valley self help group going.