A new West Devon group

Jon Valters

A new West Devon group

Post by Jon Valters »

Welcome to the West Devon local group. I am in the process of setting up a More Meadows West Devon hub for people living in West Devon or near by. In the future we hope to organise local events such as meadow open days. I live near St Giles on the Heath and there are already half a dozen of us in this area or close by who are keen to form a new group. We would love to hear from people in other parts of West Devon. My first task is to establish a steering group to share out any work involved. If you may be interested in helping or simply joining the group you can reply to this post or email me direct on jon.valters@btinternet.com
Best wishes
Jon
nickygradyscott

Re: A new West Devon group

Post by nickygradyscott »

Hi Jon - I do live in West Devon and am already on the Moor meadows steering group but happy to help where I can Nicky Scott
simoncheek

Post by simoncheek »

Hi Jon I'm happy to help where I can as you know. All the best Simon
Jane Elizabeth

Post by Jane Elizabeth »

Hi Jon,

Yes happy to help and would like to join the West Devon group, I live in Belstone near Okehampton.

All the best,

Jane Taylor
Jon Valters

Post by Jon Valters »

Hi Jane,

Great to hear from you. Are you happy to join the steering group and help get the new group going? If so that would be great. Its all a bit of a learning curve for us all. If you have any special skills or enjoy doing certain things, such as admin, organising, computer work etc let me know. Don't worry if not though - we're pleased to have new members even if they're too busy to help. We'll also need to spread the word and try and recruit other people plus try and get some publicity.
best wishes
Jon
Jane Elizabeth

Post by Jane Elizabeth »

Morning Jon, yes I am happy to take part in the steering group - my background - retired after a long career in conservation but still busy in various voluntary roles including RSPB. I will email you now to continue the conversation to see how I can be of help to you, all the best, Jane
Rob W

Post by Rob W »

Hi Jon,
I’m in Tinhay, Lifton, and very happy to be part of the West Devon hub. I don’t have the time to be in the steering group, but look forward to seeing how things develop.
All the best
Rob W
Jon Valters

Post by Jon Valters »

Hi Robert,

Great to hear from you and thank you for your message of support. I'm certainly happy to keep you up to date on how things are progressing. It would be great if you could spread the word about the group.
I also wondered if you had a post office, village hall or a village noticeboard where a poster could be put up about More Meadows that also gives details of an on-line talk? If so might you be able to put one up for me if I email it to you?
All the best
Jon
Tracey Hamston

Post by Tracey Hamston »

Hi, I have a flyer for the feb talks too and will email that across to you Jon.

If anyone has access to a parish or local newsletter, I can send you some information plus a logo to include and spread the word. Either post here or email me directly by clicking on my name and selecting 'email'

Tracey
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Very interested to hear anything about this, sadly I do not own any land so would not be of any real use to you, but I support your endeavours fully.