Weed Puller

Jo Miller

Weed Puller

Post by Jo Miller »

Someone posted some information, it may have been a video, about a weed puller for plants such as hogweed. It was a strange looking device and quite expensive. Can anyone remember what it was called, I've tried looking for it online but have had no luck. Any help gratefully received. Jo
David Crook

Re: Weed Puller

Post by David Crook »

I think it was a tool from Lazy dog, see https://lazydogtools.co.uk/pulling-dock ... -lazy-dog/.

As you say quite expensive & I haven't tried one so don't know how good they are. Our meadows were getting too much Hogweed and we did it the old fashioned way using a fork to dig out the tubers. Took quite a lot of time but has done the trick.
Jo Miller

Post by Jo Miller »

Thanks David, that's the name I wanted. I have just emailed them to see if it will cope with Hogweed. Jo
Hilli Mole

Post by Hilli Mole »

Ideal for docks that have a long tap root, have cleared a dense patch by repeating the pulling each year over 3 years in our Green Burial Meadow. But Hogweed roots go in all directions and strong and attempts with the dock puller were unsuccessful.. Leaving that to the regular council gardeners to inject at the right time of year! But we do try to cut off the seed heads before they scatter, though thats dedication! Need more volunteers...Tavistock....