Please read: ethos of the Network

Looking for like minded others in your locality? Say hello and connect to a hub here.
Network Admin

Please read: ethos of the Network

Post by Network Admin »

The ethos of The Meadow-Makers' Network is that it is not for profit, it is not commercial, it is a community knowledge sharing organisation. If you'd like to form a Meadows Hub in your area, or would like a chat about the possibilities, please email hello.moremeadows@gmail.com.
John7

Re: Please read: ethos of More Meadows

Post by John7 »

It would seem sensible and appropriate for groups to be arranged along wildlife corridors so there was a focus on building a network. I see there is an Avon Valley group which is the kind of thing, should we have more river groups or green-belt groups that focus on landscape scale work. They could overlay the regional groups and in some instances cross from one regional group to another. Maybe they should have a different name, not 'groups' but corridors, areas or projects.
Simon Bates

Post by Simon Bates »

I agree with John. I manage a landscape scale project called Clyst Valley Regional Park - an area half the size of Exeter, taking in most of the National Trust Killerton estate. It's all in East Devon, but I'd like to create a sub-project, as the emphasis is mostly going to be on creating and restoring floodplain meadows.
Simon Bates
Kate Tobin

Post by Kate Tobin »

I also agree with John, it would be great to arrange the groups or the conversations around the best opportunities for linking the sites physically and contributing to the Nature Recovery Network. But maybe this will start to happen if enough people join. At the moment, it is really useful to see what others are working on wherever they are.
Tracey Hamston

Post by Tracey Hamston »

Hi all,
We set up the regional forum areas to get started or reflect activity already underway. If you wish to set up a group for an area that isn't listed, please do get in touch. These things are often organic and the group focus will reflect the interests and geographical areas where people live and identify with.
You are all correct, as it certainly makes sense to look at catchments, or connective habitat with a joined up approach.
Let us know how the forum can help.

Tracey